Thomas Williamson and Alexander Huggins organize a church at Fort Snelling, probably the first Protestant church in Minnesota. Although Gideon H. and Samuel W. Pond had started their Dakota mission the year before, they had not yet organized a church. The French had a Catholic mission on Lake Pepin in the 1700s, and Father Lucien Galtier would establish a Catholic church in Mendota in 1840. The First Presbyterian Church of Minneapolis descends from the fort’s church.
- Go Ahead Leaders, Take That Vacation
- Overcome the Fear That’s Holding You Back
- Why Hide a Perfectly Good Image? You Likely Make This Biggest Mistake, Too!
- Fake News, Fake Reviews: Spot ’em and Stop ’em!
- Why Businesses and Nonprofits Need to Rethink their Benefits Packages
- Why Leaders Cannot Afford to Be Easily Offended
- The No-Fail Product Plan [Free New Webinar]
- 5 Easy Steps to Hiring the Perfect Virtual Assistant for Your Business
- Fake News, Fake Reviews: Peeling Away The Dark Side Of Internet Marketing
- Michelangelo Didn’t Starve for His Art-Why Should You?