James Shields is born in Ireland. He would be a U.S. senator for three different states: Illinois, Minnesota, and Missouri. After moving to Faribault in 1855, he would be one of the first two senators selected by the state’s legislature, and while in office he would encourage Irish immigration to Minnesota. Shieldsville in Rice County is named for him. He died in 1879.
- Go Ahead Leaders, Take That Vacation
- Overcome the Fear That’s Holding You Back
- Why Hide a Perfectly Good Image? You Likely Make This Biggest Mistake, Too!
- Fake News, Fake Reviews: Spot ’em and Stop ’em!
- Why Businesses and Nonprofits Need to Rethink their Benefits Packages
- Why Leaders Cannot Afford to Be Easily Offended
- The No-Fail Product Plan [Free New Webinar]
- 5 Easy Steps to Hiring the Perfect Virtual Assistant for Your Business
- Fake News, Fake Reviews: Peeling Away The Dark Side Of Internet Marketing
- Michelangelo Didn’t Starve for His Art-Why Should You?