When my colleague hit the send button on December 13th, 2017 (no, it was not a Friday!), an unexpected series of events was set in motion.
The intention was to send a reminder email to the same sample of about 200 SBI! members from our Results Page whom we had invited to a survey a couple of days earlier.
Due to a wrong filter setting, the email went to all our customers instead. We quickly followed up to clarify the error. But the replies to this unintentional mail-out kept coming in.
What started as an error, turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It brought us more insights, from an even wider pool of people, into the key ways in which SBI! helps solopreneurs succeed online.
Here’s the question we had asked:
What are the top 3 ways in which SBI! has contributed to your success?
The first set of answers, which we published here, came from SBI! members (“SBIers”) who have already made it to the top. Their Alexa rankings, supported by actual traffic numbers, place them into the top 0.5% of all active websites.
The second set of answers, which we are about to reveal now, come from SBIers who are diligently working their way to the top. Their traffic numbers are below the strict requirements for our “Results Page.” However, “success” can mean different things to different people. Financial success is but one aspect (although an important one).
Would their key factors for success be vastly different from the first group of people, we wondered? That’s what we are about to find out.
First though, let’s meet our 54 “accidental” survey respondents.
You’ll see terms like Brainstorm It!, BlockBuilder, Analyze It! and others mentioned in the answers. These are some of the tools that come with every SBI! subscription. Each tool is explained in depth here
, but it’s the lessons that matter.
As a matter of fact, you can replace most of the tools with plugins if you use WordPress. SBI! for WP enables WordPress users to follow the exact same process, and have access to the same great community. You do exactly the same thing – the only difference is that we help you master the WordPress ecosystem, too.
I am so grateful for the day I decided to try SBI!. Someone living a few miles from me had been using it and had great results so I decided to try it. I read every bit of information on the website and have been using it continuously with great success.
To answer your question:
- The amount of content was wonderful and easy to understand, especially the videos. I was familiar with the computer but not website building.
- The support I have requested and have been given has always been outstanding.
- The knowledge that your company keeps up with the latest information, for example http vs. https, and always informs me through emails and forums is so comforting. All I have to do is continue to add content.
I did fine with BlockBuilder 1 and was able to change all my pages to BlockBuilder 2 on our business website. I had to put my other website on hold but I have plans to get back to it and revise it.
All in all, my experience with you and your company has been A+ and I deeply appreciate all the work that goes into doing what you all do.
Saqib Ali Ateel
This is a difficult question because success can be different for different people. However, I have no doubt that SBI! has done a lot for me.
In 2004, I had started looking at different website building methods, but I was just wasting money on various projects. My offline job, which I still love dearly, was not paying me enough. I needed a permanent source of income to add to my salary.
I was lucky to stumble upon SBI!. I didn’t have enough money to purchase the package. I asked my friends for a loan which they gave me; so I was able to pay the subscription for the first year.
I had several problems which were hampering my efforts to make money online, which SBI! helped me overcome:
2. I had a full time, highly demanding job, so free time to work on my site was scarce. SBI! provided me an environment where I could work at my own pace. It wasn’t surprising that I published only 30 pages during my first year.
Periods came when I completely gave up working on my site, but it continued to generate me money like a loyal cow. I didn’t write a single page during 2010-11 when I was studying for my second Masters Degree at Harvard.
3. It was impossible for me to go through all latest developments on the internet. SBI! provided me not only with the latest tools but also ‘the ONLY’ information that was essential for me to grow my online business.
I am very grateful for the regular income that I have been making during all these years from my site. I didn’t have to compete for success and still performed better than sites of many big players. It would not have been possible without SBI!.
I found SiteSell in the beginning of 2000, but at that time I had no need for a website. Over the years, however, I kept up to date with developments (of SiteSell and SBI!) and when the need eventually arose, the choice was quite easy thanks to the following:
Just read the Action Guide, or if you prefer the “wizard’s actions,” and you understand the level and the adequate quality you will meet.
Solo Build It! is the program that works to build, develop, apply and enjoy. Outstanding support if needed but it’s rare, very rare, everything just works.
All kinds of updating take place continuously. This applies to tools, features and educational material.
I am impressed by the ongoing development of the whole idea of Solo Build It!, an idea in itself that never seems to end.
- The Price
Despite the constant development of the details and the whole, the price is kept at the same low level. Hurray!
Sandy Bergstrom Mesmer
- SBI! helped me set up my website so that it matched exactly what I wanted to accomplish. The 10 day system (Action Guide) allowed me to do everything in proper order. I didn’t even pick a website name until Day 5.
- Using the keyword tool Brainstorm It! I was able to find the right keywords to write about and adjust the content of my pages so that they matched what most people were asking for on that subject.
- By doing a quality check on each page before publishing I was able to optimize for best SEO impact. This is done with a tool called Analyze It!.
- Having an SBI! subscription is like having the library of Alexandria – at least in relation to growing and maintaining a website – at my fingertips. I feel like I’ve had a college education on the subject!
- The Action Guide, which I am still using to this day.
- The great and very helpful people in the SBI! forums.
- Motivation to keep going all the time and never give up, even if some days it’s not easy to do.
Building my website and online business for me is to keep contact with the “outside” world because once you’re retired, most people don’t ask you anymore for your experience of life in general or in a particular subject.
My site is my “baby.” It’s still growing and I do my best that it turns into a “great adult.”
As you know, I am a lifelong fan of SiteSell and SBI!. My biggest hits are LoveShift.com and DrBurch.com, but I have several others. The top 3 ways in which SBI! contributed to my success are:
- Ease of use
- Automatic SEO and submission to the search engines
By ease of use, I mean how using SBI! is like a filling in a database. The templates make everything easy, and there is no “cPanel” to wrestle with.
By automatic SEO and submission to the search engines, I mean the fabulous way SBI! keeps everything moving forward, with proper amounts of attention to the visitor and the web spiders. This translates to free, organic traffic, which has been very helpful to me.
By reliability, I mean the complete quality of the company, the platform, the support and the system as a whole. No down time, never a mistake, everything done at a state-of-the-art level.
While I make a living as a dentist, my first love is the world, humanity and the earth. We are a single, multi-form community of beings, with a common destiny, which, unfortunately, is not guaranteed.
SBI! has allowed me to reach MILLIONS of people through the pages I have built, videos I have made and posted, other content I have curated – and my YouTube channel, which has over 850,000 views and 700+ subscribers.
All of this would have been impossible for me without SBI!. I am very grateful to Ken, the entire SiteSell company, and all the wonderful programmers and staff who have made this possible.
P.S. One out of every 4000 humans on earth has seen content, in one form or another, from my small LoveShift team, via SBI!, YouTube or my Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter profiles, where I always share new content.
And, as one last note, I am a regular commenter to the New York Times. Probably have over 200 comments approved so far, AND have included links in my posts sometimes which (drumroll…) are generally never allowed, and which often direct a reader to one of my SBI! sites or pages.
For example, during the escalation of rhetoric with North Korea, articles or posts would appear that we have no choice but to bomb them, or go to war with them, or whatever.
Wait a tic – I would write – please visit https://alternatives2war.com/list.html. “There you will find over 60 alternatives to the use of force and violence to resolve conflict, with videos, articles, links and other resources that number is over one hundred.” After such a post, my SBI! traffic would soar, for the site or particular page I have referenced.
Talk about leverage! Maybe that should be my fourth value I have gotten from SBI! LEVERAGE!!!
Want to see it in action? At the site, find the flag for Canada, hover, then click. Voila! I showed the Flag of the World map on a computer to my 5-year-old granddaughter and she was mesmerized. A kindergarten teacher I know suggested a physical flag of the world should be hanging in every elementary classroom in every country, with the electronic version up and ready to guide young minds to becoming global citizens first.
I used this same technique at https://loveshift.com/sixteen.html to make a Thinking GRID, which gives hover information and click-through functionality.
With SBI!, anything is possible!!
- SBI! has definitely been my one and only source of intellectual challenge. As a stay-at-home mom, that challenge means the world to me.
- The SBI! team keeps being creative which inspires me to new heights all the time (even though I haven’t earned a dime on my site yet).
- Thanks to SBI! I can stay on top of things in the infopreneurial world and be sure I can perform without worrying about the technical side of building the website. With a background in management and low technical proficiency, it’s a relief that tricky technical questions are being taken care of by SBI!.
What are the top 3 ways in which SBI! has contributed to your success?
- Realistic business model with step-by-step instructions (which I followed to the letter).
- Honesty in managing expectations, think turtle vs hare. (I have 30+ years brick & mortar business development expertise. After EXTENSIVE search on the internet, SBI! literally is the only system that underpromises and overdelivers.)
- Solid marketing tools I rely on again and again.
Thank you – for the ingenious way you figured out how to meet the needs of those who want a website that pays – in many ways, not costs!
That would be my high level opinion of SBI! and SiteSell. In more concrete terms, these are the ways SBI! helped me:
1. The Action Guide
This 10 day figurative walk gives you more than an edge. It is parenting in the form of literally grabbing you by the hand, pulling you away from dangers to the left and right, on this tough – don’t exactly know where you’re taking me – walk.
Your instructions and thoughts right from the beginning keep me confident that I’ll get there with each lesson, as you keep the big picture always in view.
2. The SBI! Tools
There are so many, and each is shown and explained. I tell others that these tools, when mastered, are like strokes, like a pedal, moving you up river to clicks. Few believe, but I do. And that belief you give us is a powerful competitive advantage. It’s more than an edge!
In 10 years no competitor has figured out the secret to traffic you teach us to employ.
3. The whole SBI! system is really like an amazing human body-like organization. So efficient you forget how complex.
Editor’s Note: Gail builds SBI! sites for others. Here’s an example: www.arcdesign7.net.
What are the top 3 ways in which SBI! has contributed to your success?
- Built-in framework that does all the heavy lifting with the search engines.
- Amazing tutorials on EVERYTHING ever needed to build an online business (NOT just a website) … and under one umbrella.
- Staying current and preparing us for potential changes with Google, etc., ways to mitigate the damages … the list goes on!
As an owner of 6 different SBI! sites, one of which dates back to 2006 (I think) I am thankful that you guys are always asking the right questions in order to continue to make this the best SoloPreneur platform on earth.
Here are my three main reasons for using SBI!:
- Because I can design, build and modify the websites myself, I am able to rapidly change our message. This is critical because I run a spray technology company, and our products, services and markets are constantly changing.
- I love the keyword feature when building my pages with BlockBuilder. It’s stunning to me how effective that can be to drive my keywords to some of the top pages in our industry and also the ability to stay there.
- Finally, the ability to really run my own online website and not have to hire or use a 3rd party to do that work is worth a heck of a lot more than $300/year.
What are the top 3 ways in which SBI! has contributed to your success?
- Showing in a convincing way how to build a site properly, e.g. with high quality content.
- Ken Evoy’s example of a strong work ethic.
- Authenticity, like seeing Ken on the forums telling some that they need to change their ways if they are to succeed. This is the real world; SBI! does not sugar coat or lie to you about how success really happens.
So, in answer to your question, it’s very difficult to narrow it down to three things as I feel I wouldn’t even have my own business if it wasn’t for SBI.
Firstly the Action Guide; without it I wouldn’t have even known where to start. Although I have a background in Graphic Design I had never come across any website building terminology before starting on my web building experience.
The fact it’s written so clearly, with such easy to follow steps meant I didn’t feel overwhelmed at any stage. I still refer back to it when I make changes to my website but could probably do with watching it through again to keep track of the changes/updates you’ve implemented over the years.
Secondly, the Forums have also proved themselves invaluable to me and my business. I’d say I’ve used them most to get help on particular things (usually website design focussed) but I also find, when I do delve in, there is a wealth of knowledge about the wider aspects of running a business.
I can spend hours reading through posts and following topics, and it’s all relevant in some way. And the people are so helpful. It’s simply an amazing resource.
Thirdly, I want to just say that the skills I learnt through following the Action Guide, asking questions and reading answers in the forums have together resulted in me being able to build a website which gets organic traffic.
Learning the correct way to building pages, writing content, correctly tagging images, keywords, long tail keywords, etc. have all contributed to my business being where it is currently.
I actually dabbled with the idea of switching to a full WordPress website last year. I went so far as starting to build a new site with a view to redirecting my SBI! site to it. After about 6 months, with 100’s of pounds spent getting help it still looked crap and didn’t work in the way I wanted it to.
The learning curve was completely different to what I’d experienced when I started using SBI!. I felt lost and most of all nervous that what I was doing wasn’t correct. Google wouldn’t find my new site, I’d lose the traffic which was reaching me organically and it was all a bit of a mess.
I pulled the plug, revamped my SBI! and felt instantly happier with my decision. I didn’t want to have to worry about plugins causing my site to be slow or updates which might cause everything to disappear. SBI! takes all that hassle and worries away. If I do need help with something, the forums or support are there quickly and efficiently.
I feel like I haven’t really answered your question but it’s difficult to pinpoint three things when really it’s the whole package of SBI! which I love and which I feel has enabled me to run my own business.
I also feel I’ve only just scratched the surface of what my website and business can be. 2018 is going to be my year of growth and I’m excited to have the support of SBI! along for the ride.
Thanks again Ken and the wonderful SBI! team for creating and continually improving such a life changing product!
The top 3 ways SBI! has contributed to my success are:
1. It’s affordable. Less than the price of a cup of coffee per day.
2. No need for special training. I’m a retired trucker. If I can do it anyone can.
3. The Action Guide takes me step by step through the process of building my website. Brainstorm It! was incredibly helpful.
What are the top 4 ways (sorry, couldn’t keep it to 3) in which SBI! has contributed to my success?
1. SBI!’s ‘Keep it simple attitude’ to learn ‘step by step’ and build a website with your own knowledge of a subject to achieve what many don’t.
2. SBI! Pros experience has certainly helped me out several times to get a clear understanding or answer of what I have asked about.
3. Before starting my first website with SBI! I had several websites with other companies who just supplied the site and gave no help whatsoever. Finding information about SBI! in 2010 was amazing but of course I was still unsure about it.
I kept going back to the information about SBI! and SiteSell many times and kept reading the pages. Eventually Ken Evoy convinced me that it all made sense, and that it was for real. Now I have 3 SBI! websites!
4. The Action Guide is what sets SBI! apart from any other website building or hosting company. The Action Guide steers, assists and makes you believe you can succeed even though the competition may be strong. Many SBIers have proven that SBI! works and have done extremely well.
Here are my top 3 ways that SBI! has contributed to my online and offline success – plus extra thoughts.
First, I’ve been a proud SBI! website owner since 2005. When I first started with SBI!, I knew nothing about building an online business. I appreciate SBI!’s continued focus on improving what they offer to their customers. SBI! is a total “win win.”
Second, the SBI! Action Guide is an unrivaled way for SBI! owners to learn the how and why of creating an online business. The SBI! Forums provide a fast way to find help as you continue to build your online business.
Third, once you join SBI!, you receive regular ongoing encouragement and vital information to help you achieve online success in the form of the Solo Build It! newsletter. All of this is worth its weight in gold.
I’ve been with SBI! since 2005. It’s not “get rich quick.” Instead, it’s slow and steady wins the race through online ups and downs. Fortunately, SBI! is right there with you 100% of the way. That’s a powerful online partner to have in your corner.
What are the top 3 ways in which SBI! has contributed to my success?
1. The SBI! dashboard and platform tools are awesome. I can fine tune every part of my website in minutes. When time is critical, and there are important other jobs I need to do, I can prioritise these tasks to get the website admin jobs done daily very quickly.
2. The Action Guide helped me get straight into the nuts and bolts of what is needed to get my site focused. It’s all well laid out. There are handy checklists within the SBI! Action Guide to keep me moving forward. The brainstorming tool helps me to build pages that my visitors are interested in, so they keep coming back for more information everyday.
3. I hope my website inspires people with an entrepreneurial spirit and every day businesses to use SBI!. They are not alone in building their business. For example, the forums are great for getting answers quickly.
I also like my visitors to see how I run my own online real life business using the SBI! platform as an example. This shows them that to think big but start local works. We can all achieve great things from our very own neighbourhood.
I have 5 top ways how SBI! has contributed to my success for you:
1. Ease of use
From the day I first heard of SBI!, I knew this was for me. My website was originally built on a platform that became obsolete. At an expense I really couldn’t afford, I had someone move the site for me. I was told the new Content Management System it was now running on would be easy to learn.
Unfortunately I’m not a rocket scientist or extremely tech savvy. The new “easy to learn” CMS turned out to be difficult and problematic. It quickly turned into a dismal failure. I was ready to throw in the towel when I happened upon SBI!. The more I researched it, the more it looked like something I might be able to do on my own, so I went for it.
Not only did I discover my site was easy to build using SBI!, I also came to realize how easy it is to maintain. That’s a big issue with me.
2. Help when you need it.
Transferring my site to SBI! wasn’t all sunshine and roses for me. I had questions along the way. No matter how simple or complex, if I couldn’t find my answer in the SBI! forums, I emailed support for help.
They have always been on the spot and spot on with their answers. They walked me through a couple of tough areas as I transferred my site and made sure I was 100% satisfied with the results before they signed off.
3. The Forums
I always check the forums first when I’m looking for insight or answers. I can usually find what I’m looking for as most of my issues and questions aren’t unique to me. Most have been asked before. If I can’t find my answer, I’ll ask a question.
Rarely will I get less than a couple of excellent and in depth replies. The forums rock!
4. The Action Guide
Talk about in depth and easy to follow instructions! From finding your niche, setting up your site, monetizing and everything in between, the Action Guide is the SBI! bible. Even now, I refer to it constantly.
5. Brainstorm It!
Already having a business set up, I didn’t use Brainstorm It! to do my initial search for niche ideas. But I have consistently used it for researching keywords to help me improve my site.
Due to Brainstorm It!, the Action Guide’s SEO training and the page analyzer, several pages and sections on my site have held top positions on several search engines including Google and Bing.
On a personal note, everything I’ve mentioned here has helped me move my site and business forward. I’m not where I want to be yet, but I have faith I’ll get there soon. My site has been growing steadily over the past six months with new records in visits, visitors and page views set each month.
I had my highest daily visitor count on Dec. 10th with 961. It’s only a matter of time before I break the 1000 mark for daily visitors.
It’s been a while since I started my SBI! website and it’s now in kind of a “maintenance” mode. So I’m not fully up to date with all the latest SBI! changes. However, I believe the points that I found most helpful when I was starting are still valid, so here we go:
It is obvious that Ken Evoy and the whole SiteSell team are in this business with great passion. I believe it is important to be passionate about the topic of your website. Or at least like it. It is obvious when people are writing with their heart or just doing their work (for money).
2.The SBI! Ethics
One of the things I like most about SBI! is the emphasis on ethical practice. It is about being transparent (say who you are, do all the formal extra pages like disclaimers, etc.), about honesty (like linking to sources) and last, but not least, about not misleading people, not promising something that is not true, not mis-sell, etc.
Ethics like this is what builds trust with your audience. Trust is the most important asset in online marketing (because it’s so rare).
3. Original Content
The emphasis on creating quality, original, evergreen content is and will always be valid.
4. Customers Care
If you have customers (not only affiliate income) then you must treat your customers with respect and offer great customer service. Never forget who “puts the bread on the table”. In this SBI! leads by example.
5. Advice and Support
As my website is quite established in its field now I’m not up to date with the latest SBI! advice and support but I know it is there if needed. And I know Ken Evoy has his customers’ backs.
I had just started my website when Google’s Penguin and Panda algorithm changes took place. Ken and his team put in lot of time and effort trying to understand the changes in order to help and advise us SBIers. This is linked to point 2 and the result is trust.
This is the main reason why I have not moved my website to cheaper hosting. Because even though I’m not needing the advice and support at the moment, I know it’s there if and when I need it.
In addition, I very much like the ethics SBI! stands for. I find it rare in the online marketing world. It’s refreshing and inspiring, and I like to “support” that “voice” if I can.
Here are the top 3 ways in which SBI! has contributed to my success:
1. I’m not “techy.” I rely on SBI! to do the heavy lifting in the technical department, which allows me to focus my ‘BAM’ (Brain, Attitude and Motivation) on growing my website and business.
I especially appreciate the ability to own other domains with similar names (e.g. DynamicMarketStrategies.com, among others), which redirect back to my site, to keep away ‘poachers’ from stealing my traffic. Excellent!
2. The ability to publish a regular newsletter or “ezine” to my readers (included in the SBI! subscription). Sending a regular newsletter allows me to deliver more useful content to my readers.
3. I am an “Associate” (or affiliate) for other business related ventures which provide additional income opportunities for me.
If I ever have to cut back on my “budget,” SBI! is the last thing that’s going!
I like to work with SBI! (and have been for many years) because of:
- the impeccable consistency of the system platform,
- the high quality of tech service / support, and
- the meticulous operation and communication with your clients.
In terms of money making or my expectations about a constant income, I don’t consider myself a success, but I will give my top 3 reasons why my site is well ranked in Alexa.
- Site Maturity
I think one of my important assets is the time my site has been online. I started my site in 2007 (this is my 10th anniversary). The first 5 years I created all the content it has now. Since then, I have not created content as often as the Action Guide says I should.
In fact, I have not created new content for the past 3 years. However, here comes the second reason…
- Constant New Content from Third Parties
I created a directory with SBI!’s “Content 2.0” module. The regular submissions I get to this directory keep my site content fresh, which gets noticed by the search engines.
- Patience and Faith in SBI!
In these 10 years, despite my frustration in not having a steady income or find better ways to monetize, I keep believing in the system.
The top 3 ways SBI! has helped me succeed are:
- That I can edit and update material myself.
- That I can easily view my traffic stats.
- That it taught me how to write good copy.
The top three ways in which SBI! has contributed to my success are…
1. Excellent documentation, which helped me to create and establish my money making website.
2. The Brainstorm It! tool that helped me find keywords to attract the most organic traffic to my website. Also the help with the SEO component.
3. Other tools such as Content 2.0, Analyze It!, libraries, BlockBuilder, site navigation, site designer, traffic analytics and statistics, etc.
Even though I’m not in the top 500 sites anymore, here’s my top ways SBI! has helped me…
1. Action Guide – the roadmap.
You have a map to follow to get you from a website to a small business. I had no idea what I was doing when I started this, about 8 years ago. I’m the ultimate tortoise – a polite way of saying I’ve been very very slow. LOL.
I’ll work at my site for a while; then, when life happens and I don’t have the time or energy I let it go for a while, then come back to it. I’ll go back and reread the Action Guide to refresh my memory, and start again.
2. Brainstorm It! – this helps me write content that reflects what is being searched.
I can target what I’m writing, and get more traffic. I’ve never paid for traffic. I’m not into social media either. All my traffic comes from organic searches.
I’m not on the forums much to post, but when I get stuck I search the forums for that topic and read what others have done in similar situations. There’s a lot of info in there.
4. I’m not sure what to call this one…maybe structure?
I know very little about HTML or CSS but with SBI! I don’t have to. I can build a nice looking page, add pictures, headings, links, etc. all on my own. This saves a lot of time and confusion.
5. The Solo Build It! Blog
I love reading how others have made their site a success. It’s very encouraging. This spurs me on to keep working and maybe try different things.
I really don’t see my site as a success, because it’s still in process and it’s not earning me anything at the moment. But my goal for 2018 is to get my traffic back up, and to earn a steady paycheck from ebooks and ecourses.
Some background to my story (in case your readers are interested):
My traffic has plummeted this year, due to some changes I had made. I wanted to change my site from an informational site only with ads to selling my accounting services.
I hired a firm to help me set up a WordPress blog. They took a lot of my info pages down from my SBI! site. I went from 12,000 visitors a month to around 3,000 (mostly from my RSS Blog It pages). They told me it was more targeted traffic. The new blog was getting about 3 hits a day. This was crazy. So I shut down the WordPress blog and am putting all the information back onto my SBI! site.
My goal is to get my SBI! site back to where it was traffic-wise, and sell training manuals for small business owners who want to do their own bookkeeping (my own product). I may do a few affiliate ads, but no more Google ads. No money there.
Lesson learned: non-SBIers don’t understand how it works. And it works well. I didn’t get rich off my site, but I was earning a nice side income (before the big Google changes).
I was also asked to ghost write a book on small business accounting. I would never have had that opportunity without SBI!.
1. The best thing about SBI! is the all-in-one aspect.
2. The next best thing is that the tools are easy to use and when there is a little confusion, a little more looking or maybe asking SBI! support clears it up. Support is also first class.
No matter what others say about all-in-one, and I’ve looked at a few, none of them are nearly as complete or as easy to use as SBI!.
3. Also, it’s rare to see the little popups with recommendations for more resources when you are going through the SBI! Action Guide or in Blockbuilder. Strange that others can’t figure that out.
The top 3 ways SBI! has contributed to my success are as follows:
1.After stumbling across SiteSell’s Solo Build It!, purchasing the annual membership subscription and reviewing the detailed Action Guide on web business building, I realized that I did not have the complete skill set to build my website on my own.
What I read and saw in the Action Guide was pure genius. This motivated me to investigate SBI!’s custom work offered by the SiteSell’s Professionals (“Pros” for short). This is paying off big time!
2. The initial consulting/training questionnaire I submitted assisted me in revealing the passion I had for my website project which is on a topic I am the least fond of, taxes. I developed it out of my own personal success story.
But what was the best way for me to make my online presence? Consulting with a Pro helped in evaluating my project to see if it was a fit for a website, ebook, blog, WordPress, or some other online format.
The consulting/training questionnaire also assisted me with identifying the goals I wanted to accomplish for my website.
3. My initial concern was getting started right with the CTPM process (no shortcuts). I wanted to build my website foundation properly from site concept research to site concept blueprint and working from there.
Working with the SiteSell Professionals further confirmed the niche topic of my website project on tax refunds for seniors in my state of Arizona. Since I wanted to be matched perfectly from the start with the right Pro, I may have done something a little unusual and off the norm: I requested to see a copy of my Pro’s bio.
When I received it I was convinced the Pro assigned to me was the right person for me to work with and so it has proved to be. This gave me the full confidence I needed to move forward with my website project because I knew my Pro and I were on the same page and that we spoke the same language.
I have to give Sheri Frey all the credit for the successful development of my website, together with Mike Fulson, who provided the professional design and images. I also have to give credit to the behind the scene professional writers.
What a pleasure it is to work with all of these Pros. It was so unexpected. Everything, from start to finish has been handled in a very professional manner and I’m just so proud of the outcome! The only thing that has slowed me down is that I am in the middle of reorganizing after a difficult move. I hope to be able to continue the progress on my website soon.
Three ways SBI! has helped me be successful with my website:
1. I have learnt how to research and construct a really good website that gets traffic. By following “the system,” you are practically guaranteed to achieve success. I say “practically” because my first website with SBI! wasn’t very successful.
However, I think I learned a great deal, and it stood me in good stead when I built my second site. Sometimes you need a little experience with doing the wrong things to be successful!
For my present SBI! website, I not only followed the instructions to the letter, but I took a class offered over the web by SBI! – that was really helpful in understanding the finer points of the instructions and helped me a great deal. I wish you still offered these online classes.
2. I get website visits from all over the world – it is really amazing. I am able to provide advice on sewing doll clothes to people as far away as remote islands in the Pacific Ocean and Asia, as well as Europe and North America. It never fails to amaze me!
3. The support system for SBI! is awesome! If you have a problem or question, you can post in the forums and get an answer from someone in very good time. You are never left hanging and scratching you head about what to do.
If things get really gnarly, the SBI! Support team is there for you and they answer your questions very promptly. You are never left alone when you use SBI!.
- WYSIWYG format of building pages makes it easy to build pages (albeit with a learning curve).
- You have access to a limitless knowledge base.
- SBI! teaches you limitless ways to build and promote your online business.
When I wanted to start an online home business, I was looking for two specific things. Firstly, I wanted to learn building a website on my own and enjoy doing it at every stage. Secondly, I wanted to get all the necessary help from one single place. After a lot of searches, I finally found SBI! for this purpose.
Here are the top ways SBI! contributed to achieve my goal:
- SBI! Action Guide
This most useful guide, explained in an uncomplicated way, taught me how to go about building my site and business, like a mother teaching her child step by step.
- SBI! Support Team
When I am in any trouble with a technical problem of my site, the amazing support team comes to my rescue, until I feel comfortable, like a father protects his child with his strong hands.
- SBI! Forums
The most informative and useful forums help me like a loving brother where I can get answers to any of my doubts and guide me in the right path in building and running my website.
- SBI! Newsletter
All the important day-to-day news and changes taking place in the website building world, that are relevant to an online home business, are passed on to me in a very useful manner, like a loving sister, instead of me having to waste time in searching the web.
- Content 2.0
I have hundreds of content rich pages submitted by the visitors and many with comments. They serve me like trusted friends because they drive a lot of traffic.
In brief, I feel most protected and safe in the trustworthy SBI! family.
For myself, not being a very techy person, Solo Build It! helped me to understand the steps involved to be successful.
The “Day by Day” process of the Action Guide helped to keep me from being overwhelmed. It also helped me understand why I was doing the steps and the importance of content! LOL.
Understanding the process, watching the videos, reading the articles etc. really helped me a lot. For example, I learned why to build links and what kind of links. I learned why and how to build really good content, not just gibberish.
This is why I picked SBI! after studying the different options out there at the time. I think it may be a harder process, that takes more time, but the results are well worth it.
- The introductory information was a great help in initially getting organized and knowing how to get started.
- The Brainstorm It! tool helped me determine what keywords appeared to fit my knowledge and satisfy the needs of my audience. This was another great feature that helped me get started in the right direction.
- After getting started, the traffic stats have helped me determine what topics are of most interest to my readers. This was another great way to know how to satisfy my readers.
<div id="LarryMorton" class="contri